Friday, October 3, 2008

Megan McCain Opens up...

"Here is an interview between Megan McCain and Larry KIng was aired on CNN news channel talking about her book 'My Dad, John McCain'"





-Larry King: wow, a children's book, I think aimed at five to ten year olds
-Megan: ummm
-Larry King: about your father..
-Megan: umm I just thought it would be a really great way to make my father's story accessible to children it's really fascinating, patriotic American hero story and I had actually met a lot of people on the trail that were familiar with his story and I just thought
-Larry King: really?!!
-Megan: Yeah I had met like twelve year olds around that age and they just thought he was a senator and I was like oh there is a lot leading up to his life so
-Larry King: you know kids really get involved now in campaigns
-Megan: yes
-Larry King: eight year olds, nine year olds, they support people
-Megan: I was just interviewed by twelve years old today who knew so much about politics
-Larry King: what did your dad think of the idea?!!
-Megan: he really likes it I think he is really pleased with it and obviously it's very sentimental it has us on the cover and I'm a little girl so he really likes it
-Larry King: how about your mom?
-Megan: she really likes it too they are very proud I'm lucky
-Larry king: do you like touring for a book
-Megan: yeah, it's like the campaign trail a little but I don't have you know all the people on the campaign around me, it's just my friends and the book people but it's fine
-Larry King: are you caught up in this campaign I mean by it will it start to affect you emotionally
-Megan: yeah definitely and I'm trying to separate myself from it but it's very difficult, I think anyone who has been on a campaign trail specially for as long as I've been you can't help it get emotionally caught up in it
-Larry King: were you surprised at his selection for vice president
-Megan: um I think to a degree everyone was surprised just because she was "unknown'' but I'm very very pleased with it I love her so I'm really excited about it
-Larry King: did you talk to him soon after?
-Megan: yes, yeah and I just told him how excited I was and how proud I am of the pick and I just I'm really honored to have a woman on the ticket
-Larry King: they had a little fun of her on the "Saturday Night Live''
-Megan: I saw
-Larry King: ya, we are gonna (going) show a clip of it and have you comment, Megan McCain is with us, the book is "My Dad John McCain'' watch…



-Sarah Palin: you know Hillary and I don't agree on everything
-Hillary: anything…. I believe that diplomacy should be the corner stone of any foreign policy
-Sarah Palin: and I can see Russia from my house
-Hillary: I believe global warming is caused by man
-Sarah Palin: I believe it's just God hugging us closer
-Hillary: I don't agree with The Bush Doctrine



-Larry King: They said she enjoyed it
-Megan: yeah yeah, I used to intern there so it's fantastic to see…
-Larry King: you interned at the "Saturday Night Live''
-Megan: aha
-Larry King: how was that like?
-Megan: I was incredible, I was there for the Ashley Simpson lip synching incident it was fantastic
-Larry King: while you were in Colombia
-Megan: aha when I was at Columbia, it was such a great experience I mean it's legendary and I'm still in big fans of Tina fey and Emmy puller so…
-Larry King: are you gonna be a writer
-Megan: I don't know I'd really love to write about the campaign trail when this is over from this sort of satirical stand point from the daughter's perspective but who knows
-Larry King: there has to be areas specially a young girl living in New York going to Columbia where she disagrees with her father, what are they?
-Megan: um I mean there is a lot of issues that I disagree with my father but there is a lot of issues that I agree with him as well and I never really felt comfortable coming out and saying what exact issues because I'm not the one running and I just think that it's important that I support him and what he is doing and it's really it
-Larry King: on my guess you would be for choice
-Megan: pardon me
-Larry King: choice
-Megan: oh I.. I don't wanna talk about that stuff if that's okay, I'd rather stick to my book -and the campaign than…
-Larry King: do you discuss politics with your father
-Megan: aha, ya
-Larry King: does he know when you agree or disagree?
-Megan: of course… yeah of course
-Larry King: so he knows
-Megan: of course
-Larry King: and he accepts this right?
-Megan: oh yeah, I mean my father isn't trying to mould me in his image and he is very open to other people's ideas and political beliefs and I think that's my favorite part about my father in the campaign it's just that you know not everyone thinks a like it's not as if this campaign is based on people they are all thinking, talking, looking or acting alike everybody is really different and has really different beliefs
-Larry King: how kind of father is he?
-Megan: great, I'm really lucky, I have a really great relationship with my dad, we've always been kindred spirits, and my mom calls me John McCain in a dress and we are… our personalities are a lot alike so we have a great relationship
-Larry King: that's could be daddy's daughter right?
-Megan: yeah… yeah
-Larry King: I mean are you in touch constantly
-Megan: oh yeah… I've just talked to him earlier, it's a good luck
-Larry King: so he knew you were coming here
-Megan: aha
-Larry King: I hear you blog right
-Megan: yah McCainblogit.com it's a website I've been doing for almost a year now at the -campaign and my friends back stage they do it ''Heather Brann'' she…. They do film and photos
-Larry King: so what do you do you come here and you blog this coming here
-Megan: aha we do everything I mean sometimes it's you know as nice as getting ice cream and sometimes it's as big as the debates or you know very intense things like primary night or election night we are gonna film everything even if I'm crying or laughing whatever so I think it's important
-Larry King: will you be in phoenix
-Megan: yah... yah
-Larry King: what do you make of those backing governor'' Palin'' who say if you are criticizing her it sexism
-Megan: I don’t think necessarily criticizing any candidate is sexism but I do think that sexism has played a role with the governor and with senator ''Clinton'' as well in his election but I don’t think criticizing a candidate no matter what gender is necessarily sexist
-Larry King: you say senator '' Clinton'' was a victim of it too
-Megan: I do
-Larry King: where will you be at the debate next week?
-Megan: Mississippi
-Larry King: yah
-Megan: yah, um we'll be blogging about it and I'll be with my father probably back stage and then in audience
-Larry King: are you nervous for him
-Megan: no, he's fantastic off the cuff and live answering questions that's why he's so good in town halls
-Larry King: what do you think of Senator ''Obama''?
-Megan: I think he is a really fantastic candidate as well, I really loved it, there is two such historical to get right now and I think he's been respectful and I'm just really enjoying election, you know I like him.
-Larry King: you will see the campaign get any dirtier
-Megan: I think politics by nature is dirty but I think as bad as it could be for the most part of people it's very respectful
******************************************
Resources:
http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2008/09/16/lkl.meghan.mccain.cnn?iref=videosearch
**************
Presented by:
Sarah Nabil Abd El Aziz Mohammed El Maghraby
http://sarahmaghraby.blogspot.com
Supervisor:
Dr. Mona Eid

No comments: